Monday, November 22, 2010

Maya had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb . . . *

I was walking Maya (in the jogging stroller) and Parker down "Main St." the other day.  As a mom with a young (3 years old, maybe?) son walked by, I overheard this conversation:

Mom: Did you see that big dog?
Son: No, mom, that wasn't a dog.  It was a sheep!
Mom: Ah, I see.

I sympathize with that mom.  It's tough to explain that Parker isn't a sheep, he does look sheep-ish.

Sometimes Maya forgets he's a dog and thinks he's a pillow:



I'll give you a big kiss, my Parker


In other news, Maya's most recent genetic test came back today----negative.  It was a FISH test to look for mosaic down syndrome (again---but this one looked at over 400 cells in case she had a very low percentage of mosaicism).  Not one of the cells had an extra chromosome, making it very unlikely that the diagnosis would fit.  Back to square one.

Oh, and in other other news, our holiday card is almost done.  :)

No comments: