Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Here we come, walking down the street*

Maya's figured out that Parker gets walked on a leash, and now she wants to be the one holding it.  So I devised a 2 leash system that lets her "walk" him from the stroller, but lets me be in charge (just a little sprinkle of uncommon sense) . . . poor Parker is slightly confused about where to walk, but he's figuring it out. 

Here's what it looks like:





I feel a little bit like I'm operating a sled dog team with the stroller in one hand and the leash sticking wayyyyy out in front of me with Parker walking near the front of the stroller . . . I can't imagine what people are thinking as we walk towards them on the sidewalk.  But if Maya can't see where Parker is, she keeps twisting around in the stroller . . . and I'm trying to introduce the phrase "With Maya" to tell Parker when to heel to her.

*If you watch the video closely, you'll also get a glimpse of my fun new puffy magenta coat, and one of the new Starbucks cups in action.)

**Tomorrow December arrives, the most fun month of all.  Stay tuned for a walk down Holiday Card memory lane, starting with Maya's first holiday card (2008).
***If you see an empty space with a play button, just click it and the video will appear.

****If you took the time to read all of these stars, you get 7 points. 

6 comments:

jerri said...

Maya did a great job! She really looked thrilled at being 'in charge' of Parker. (I don't have sound - I'm hoping she wasn't screaming "NO NO NO NO!") Good job, Mommy! (nice coat, by the way - we'll not lose you in a snow bank!)

grandma said...

i get 7 points!!!!! plus, love the video---i always love maya and parker together

anne said...

Very cute. What an array of bright colors. I think Parker needs a yellow jacket. Y'all definitely won't get hit by a car!
See you soon,A

Colleen H said...

I also get 7 points - love the video and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas card. I do hope that this month is a good one for the Nieder family, without too much stress.

Laura said...

Does it bother you that I'm not sure who's cuter: Parker or Maya? Tell Parker to watch his tail, he might end up in Terrifica real soon!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great information that you provided in your article. I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone! Here are some articles about The ultimate mouse clicker test. Check out my latest post Click Speed Test related to this.