Monday, May 26, 2008

40 weeks, 3 days

3 days late, still no baby . . .

We've had a lovely weekend. Saturday we went out to breakfast, went for a walk around the neighborhood, then headed into the city. We walked around Central Park for a while and then went out to dinner.

Sunday we went to a street fair, then when it started to get too hot we went to the Met and walked around there for a little while, then out to dinner with Dave's parents.

While in line for the bathroom yesterday at a bookstore, a mom and her daughter (5 years old, maybe) started talking to me in line. The mom said "How many months are you?" I replied "All of them." She asked if I knew what I was having and I said no, and she said to her daughter "Feel her belly and guess what she's having".

!!!

I couldn't believe that she would tell her kid to touch some stranger. Out of all of these months of being pregnant, I've only had 2 strangers touch my belly, and both have been little girls in bathrooms at bookstores. I guess that's not too bad. At least no grown strangers have tried to acost me. Not that it matters, but asking first would be nice.

No comments: