Monday, September 5, 2011

Allow me to translate . . .

If you want to learn how to speak MSL (that's Maya Sign Language, a lesser known dialect of ASL) then all you have to do is watch this handy dandy translation video.  I made it for her preschool teacher (she starts on Thursday!  Only a few days left!) and thought I'd share it here, too. 





In other news, tomorrow brings us back to the geneticist to run a new test for a syndrome that's been on my radar for a while now.  I've been meaning to write about what that's like (from researching syndromes to waiting for test results) but this whole about-to-start-preschool thing is consuming right now. 

Soon.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Maya is going to do just fine at preschool! If it helps, I (as an outsider with no experience in MSL - but a bit in ASL!) think she's fairly understandable. Good luck to both of you, and I hope she has fun on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm really impressed with how well Maya communicates. I also loved that my Aidan really tuned in to her voice. I had to blog brag about them both. You've done a great job, for Maya and her teachers.

Nancy Cavillones said...

She's adorable. And I want to know-- do other parents do this? Or is this the teacher in you? :)