Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's a . . . .

This past Monday was one of the best days that I've had in . . . well, in a long time.  Dave and I headed off to the doctors' offices for a big morning of appointments: our anatomy scan (the big ultrasound), a perinatologist appointment, and an obstetrician appointment.  My excitement over seeing the baby was tempered by my anxiety that this is the time when they check every little part of the baby and make sure things look a-ok.  And everything looked perfect :)  Then came the bonus: we got to find out the sex of the baby!

With Maya we had decided not to find out, we totally wanted to be surprised.  You know what I've learned, though?  Birth can be surprising for a ton reasons.  Maya was taken away for some suctioning right after birth, and I worried whether she was ok.  I worried about my own body and was busy talking with the medical people about how I was doing.  I wondered about her size and what she looked like and when to call our parents.  There was so much going on that the whole "it's a girl" moment was really nice, but just one of the many celebrations that day.  So this time I wanted to really celebrate the "it's a ________" moment separately (and thankfully Dave was on board).

And then I decided (with the creative input of a few friends) to make these fun cupcakes to spring the news on our family:
Pink cream inside means girl, blue cream inside means boy

And now that the cupcakes have been eaten (well, mostly eaten, I'm having another one in a few minutes) it's time for the blog announcement . . .

It's A  . . .



well, here, I'll let Maya tell you first.




That's right . . . it's a BOY!


We're super excited :)



 

5 comments:

Helen said...

Hooray for boys! Congratulations!!

Emmett's Fight said...

What a cute idea. I love the suspense you built up. My phone froze right before watching Maya's video. I am so happy for your family. Boys are wonderful!

Lila said...

Yay!! Congratulations! Hope you have an awesome Mother's Day and God bless!

Wandering Heart said...

Congratulations!

Beth said...

How wonderful... and my goodness you can hear improvement in Maya's speech!