When I saw Maya starting to recognize letters, I asked for alphabet exposure ideas from one of my message boards, and several of the moms replied "Teaching letters? All I did was put on Leapfrog Letter Factory and my kids magically learned them." So I picked up the video, put it on, and a few short days later Maya was already copying the letter sounds (check her out in this video).
Amazing! And since she's nonverbal, really amazing.
She can't say "A" (like the long A sound in plate), but she can say "ah" . . . and quickly I could show her an A and say "What letter is that?" and she would say "Ah!". I would never have thought to teach her to tell me the letters with their sounds, but it worked. Suddenly she was able to tell us how much she was understanding. (Similarly, she can say "ba" and "da" but not B or D.) I couldn't believe how interested she was in the video, or how quickly she starting picking up the new information. I'm a big fan.
So when Maya grabbed the video off of the store shelf the other day (she recognized the box, sneaky girl) and I saw that it was on sale, I decided to get one for a giveaway :)
This video is my favorite.
You guys are going to love it!
(FYI: I am not affiliated with Leapfrog in any way. I'm not receiving any sort of compensation from the Leapfrog folks. Maya just loves this video, and I've been impressed with how much it has taught her, so I thought I'd pay it forward.)
Here's how to enter the giveaway: Pay attention, because you can enter up to 5 times!
1. Leave a comment on this post. Any comment will do . . "Hey, I want to win!" "Giveaways rule" "Maya is awesome", etc :)
2. Like our page on Facebook ("Uncommon Sense Blog") if you don't already. Then, leave a comment here that says "I'm a Facebook follower!" (If you're already a Facebook follower, you can leave this comment too, of course.)
3. Follow us on Twitter! (This is new! See the twitter feed on the top right corner of the blog?) Our Twitter name is "UncommonBlogger". Then, leave a comment here that says "I'm following you on Twitter!"
4. Share the link to the giveaway on Facebook. Then, leave a comment here that says "I shared the giveaway on FB!"
5. Retweet the link to the giveaway on Twitter (once you follow me on Twitter, you can just retweet my giveaway post). Then, leave a comment here that says "I retweeted the giveaway!"
Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry!
Winner will be chosen the evening of Tuesday, August 30th. The latest that an entry will be accepted is 5pm (EST) on Tues, 8/30, via random number generator. The winner will be announced the same evening and have 2 days to contact me before I pick a different winner.