I learned how to download YouTube videos and save them to your computer (or your iPad/iPhone)----once they're saved, you can watch them anytime, anywhere---no internet required. Here's how you do it:
1. Go download Firefox, here
2. Once Firefox is installed, go to this page and type "YouTube" in the search box. Then, download the add-on called "Video DownloadHelper". This one:
3. Once you've installed that add-on, go to YouTube and pull up a video that you'd like to download. The three little circles will start spinning, here:
4. Click on the little "down arrow" next to the spinning circles to get the drop down menu.
***If you were just trying to download the video to your computer, you're done! Now you can watch it whenever you want, with or without an internet connection! If you would like to move the video to your iPad/iPhone, keep reading . . .
6. Once the download is complete, open iTunes. Drag the video file over to your iTunes library and then release it.
8. Sync your device with your computer, and you're done. Magic!