Sunday, December 26, 2010

She walked! Like, for real!

So it turns out that Maya can walk from the table to the couch . . . who knows how long she's been harboring this secret skill.   Clearly, she's never cared enough to get the job done before.  But tonight?  Well, tonight Dave & I were setting up her new iPad (thank you, Grandma Lainey & Grandpa Joe!) and we put on a few Sesame Street videos.

Well, that got her attention real quick.

The first time she did it we were speechless, but for the second time we had the video camera ready:



As always, if you see an empty box and a play button, just click play and the video will appear.
:)

13 comments:

kris said...

YAY YAY YAY, MAYA!!!! She was so nonchalant about it too. Love it. Merry Christmas to all!

lisa said...

awesome video!!! go maya go!!! so excited to see this!!! :) :)

grandma said...

way to go maya!!! she's probably been practicing every time you turn your back and then drops back down to her knees when you turn around ;-)

Anonymous said...

I just crashed into your blog and saw your videa of Maya's walk. I don't even know you people and I am terribly excited. As actual parents, you've got to be delirious with joy. Wow!
I am a nurse and do pediatric home health nursing so I really appreciate her effort.
Happy New Year!
Cathy

Unknown said...

I cried when I watched this! I'm just so happy for her! I hope someday my daughter walks.. but for now I'll keep watching this video!

Unknown said...

That's amazing!!! WTG, Maya! The video made me smile and cheer right along with you guys. It brought tears to my eyes....so exciting!

Stacy Z said...

This is simply beautiful! I cried when I saw it, too. Your sweet Maya gives hope to so many. Thank you for sharing.

Jo-Anne said...

HOORAY! Go Maya Go! =)

Unknown said...

I can't even begin to imagine how happy both of you were. First steps are ALWAYS a huge deal. Way to go Cutie!! She'll be all over before long.

Beth said...

How exciting! Hurrah!

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Oh how wonderful!!!! I am so thrilled for Maya and for you. Such a *good* thing.

carollee03 said...

Hooray! What a wonderful Christmas gift!!!

jerri said...

Oh my gosh - that was AMAZING!!! That's the most perfect Christmas gift ever! Congrats Maya!