10. Talking in '12: In which I reflect on years past and set a goal for 2012.
9. Stop telling me that "things are going to be so hard": In which I lose my patience for, and speak bluntly about, the people who seem bent on pointing out a cloud around my silver lining.
8. The search is over. We've found our communication solution.: In which we discover the app that will become Maya's voice.
7. Necessity is the mother of invention: In which we create a makeshift solution to prevent accidental hits on the iPad.
6. Irreparable Harm: In which we join with two other families to take legal action and protect the communication app that our children are using.
5. Stand Up: In which I spread the story of another special needs mom who was asking for help in fighting on behalf of her daughter.
4. Maya could be a lot of things . . . : In which we share the news that Maya would become a big sister before the year was through.
3. The Mom I Would Have Been: In which I reflect on, and mourn the loss of, the mom I
would have been if my situation had been “typical.”
2. David v. Goliath, AAC style: In which I tell the story of the lawsuit that was attempting to eliminate Maya’s voice.
1. The Silencing of Maya: In which Maya’s communication app is removed from the iTunes store, and it becomes time to fight back.
On to 2013 . . .